cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee & Thunderbird 24.x nsmail.tmp issue

Jump to solution

I continue to receive the "Sending of Message Failed, Unable to open the temporary file /tmp/nsmail.tmp, Check your 'Temporary Directory' Setting." message when I try to send messages using Thunderbird V24.3.0 .  The second time I hit the send button it works fine.   All of the info I find on this error suggests it is a McAfee issue.  I am NOT using AntiSPAM - that was set on by default when I upgraded my PC and Thunderbird would barely function with it on.  I've turned it off and not activated it since.   I have done everything suggested on all of the forums with no luck.  I keep my inboxes clean, am using several, including gmail, and a corporate email server, and AOL, and all of them give me this message when I try to send out an email.   I look in the temp folder and there are multiple instances of nsmail.tmp.   I assume each time it fails it creates a new nstemp file (see attached file).  I have deleted them all, I have compacted my files, etc., etc., etc.,   This is not related to attachments - it happens with or without attachments.

No Luck.   Anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of this for good?   

Barb

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: McAfee & Thunderbird 24.x nsmail.tmp issue

Jump to solution

Yes to test it set it to 15 mins off also disable IM scanning as wel as email attachment scanning unselected.

Mine is tied to the email attachment scanning option and 2nd attempt works.

4 Replies
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi brenkworth,

Could you please isolate if the issue is with McAfee Firewall or McAfee RTS by turning OFF either of the component or both. Please post back your findings so that I can proceed from there.

Jump to solution

Definately Real time scanner I have reported this in retail version and beta versions of Mcafee and provided copious logs to support. Workaround is to open real time scanning and disable eamil attachment scanning till this gets fixed.

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thanks for your responses.

I have real time scanning ON but I am not scanning email attachments.   That was onen of the fixes I saw on-line and verified I was not scanning email attachments.

Do I have to turn real time scanning COMPLETELY OFF?

Barb

Jump to solution

Yes to test it set it to 15 mins off also disable IM scanning as wel as email attachment scanning unselected.

Mine is tied to the email attachment scanning option and 2nd attempt works.