cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beesheep
Level 7

McAfee SiteAdvisor popup can not be closed?

So I'm using SiteAdvisor vesion 3.4.0.143, and Firefox...wait 6.0? Ok Firefox 6.0. And it seems that the popup window can not be closed for some reason, the close button is grey and not functioning.

(See the attached pic )

mcafee.jpg

In fact, it's rather annoying. For now I'm just disabling the SiteAdvisor. But does anyone know a solution for this?

Oh well, nvm then. Just try the very last update with Firefox 6.0.1 and it's fixed.

But still, Can we disable the popup window? I like the little green tick, but I don't like some random big green windows that keeps popping up.

消息编辑者为:beesheep on 11-9-1 下午06时04分41秒

消息编辑者为:beesheep on 11-9-1 下午06时08分31秒
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: McAfee SiteAdvisor popup can not be closed?

No way to stop that without removing all site rating info from the search result.

Just do not pass the mouse over the tick.

that said go to the ideas section and add an ideea suggesting the option to stop the popup so that developers might think to add the option.

https://community.mcafee.com/community/home/ideas

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 2/09/11 7:51:58 PM
0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

I have Firefox 6 and SiteAdvisdor 3.4.0.143, and I just checked this reported problem. The "x" in the popup works for me, and if I move the mouse out of the popup window the popup vanishes. So this is not a universal problem. I suggest the poster uninstalls SiteAdvisor and reinstalls it, and then checks to see if the problem persists.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Actually Peter read into your post that the box stays open even when you move off the tick. Is this the case? I read it as you want to stop the box opening.

Can you confirm please

0 Kudos
beesheep
Level 7

Thx for your reply!!

I wanted to have an option that the window would not popup when my cursor pass the tick.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

As I said no way to keep the tick and ditch the popup but please add an idea re this as a new feature.

0 Kudos
treehood
Level 7

I am with you on this one. The box will not close unless I open another one then that box will not close, but the real problem is the site advisor opens when the pointer passes over the tick (circle with check,x or ? in it) for only a micro second. I tried moving my pointer past the circle as fast as I could and still the site advisor opened up. A good progran will allow a user to adjust the opening time. I would prefer resting my pointer on the tick for at least a full second. Anyone know how to accomplish this?

0 Kudos
treehood
Level 7

Today  the site advisor seems to be operating properly. The pointer hits the tick and the SA opens immediately but closes just as quickly when the pointer leaves the SA box. I'm satisfied. But a scan is currently going on and a virus has been reported and fixed. Might there be a relation? I'll know more when the scan is finished.

Message was edited by: treehood on 9/22/11 11:01:17 AM CDT
0 Kudos