Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 171 of 365

Re: McAfee Service Host Problem

I had similar problems and tried a number of the re-works discussed. It would only happened when I was using IE to browse the web. Sometime I got the pop-up a couple of times a day, other times I could go for days without the error. I finally un-installed Site Advisor and the problem went away completely.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 172 of 365

I am pretty sure it's xp pro, I will remove the sight adviser tonight

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 173 of 365

============

Posted by jlcavor above:

"I had similar problems and tried a number of the re-works discussed. It would only happened when I was using IE to browse the web. Sometime I got the pop-up a couple of times a day, other times I could go for days without the error. I finally un-installed Site Advisor and the problem went away completely."

============

I unistalled Site Advisor from one of my PC's a few minutes ago.   We'll see what happens . . .

Message was edited by: ws65711 on 3/27/12 1:00:59 PM CDT
Highlighted
Level 9
Message 174 of 365

I hope it works for you. It did for me. Been free of this these random pop-ups for two months since I removed Site-Advisor.

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 175 of 365

For your information my system is XP Pro SP3.

Highlighted

Too good to be true. Uninstalled SiteAdvisor. Still getting original Error Report message.

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 177 of 365

Sorry to hear this. As reported by others there appear to be multiple causes for this error. In my case there is no doubt it was SiteAdvisor. As mentioned above, all I did was uninstall the program and my system has been error free since mid-February.

Highlighted

Yes my test XP box is running with SA and only got the error 1 time. that was whan I was installing adobe air. As I said their are several causes and the fix is they feel known so we now have to stir them to up the priority of it.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 179 of 365

Hopefully the SiteAdvisor uninstall will work for most people.   I have 9 or 10 McAfee licenses and installations.  Only 3 had SiteAdvisor installed and all of those had the error message pop up periodically.  I uninstalled SiteAdvisor from those 3 machines and the errors have disappeared.  All of my machines run Windows XP Pro SP-3.  None have tweakui or Aobe Air installed.  And NOW none have the SiteAdvisor virus installed . . . 

Highlighted

I wonder if you had SA installed and netguard disabled whether that would work. Asking as a netguard fix is coming for the youtube issue and may fix this issue for netgaurd as well.

That way you can use all your suite.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community