cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
will22
Level 7

McAfee Secutity Center will not come up

Jump to solution

About a month ago, I started having problems with McAfee Security Center - Version 15.3.3061 - coming up on a Windows 7 machine.  Clicking on it would not start it and when I went to the icon in the system tray, it said "An update is being installed, please wait until McAfee finishes the installation of your software".  Sometimes rebooting the computer, would fix it, but then it would come back a couple of days later.  That is not something that I want to have to do, but now even rebooting the machine does not work. 

Does anyone have an idea of what is going on.  The initial issue seems to have started after I installed Carbonite on the machine.  Are there any issues between McAfee and Carbonite?  My issue is similar to .  But I have reinstalled the software and rebooted, but the issue still persists.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: McAfee Secutity Center will not come up

Jump to solution

​,

Did you by chance after uninstalling by going to your Control Panel/Programs and Features/select McAfee Products/Remove/Restart. Then follow up using the MCPR Tool to remove all remnants?  Go to your account /Reinstall.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
9 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Successfully moved from Community Support to General Discussion > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Reboot usually does the trick.

0 Kudos
will22
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks, but Reboot is not working here.  It worked a few times in the past, but the problem would always come back a few days later - so that wasn't a good long term solution.  Now, even rebooting does not work. 

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

I would open a case with Technical Support in that case.  Best by phone or online chat.

It's free of charge.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

​,

Did you by chance after uninstalling by going to your Control Panel/Programs and Features/select McAfee Products/Remove/Restart. Then follow up using the MCPR Tool to remove all remnants?  Go to your account /Reinstall.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Also you have not another virus scanner installed that has real time scanning abilities.

0 Kudos
will22
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Peter M, catdaddy, and Peacekeeper.  I uninstalled including an older McAfee product, used MCPR, and reinstalled as suggested.  This seemed to have worked. It comes up now.  I had reinstalled before, but maybe I hadn't gotten rid of everything?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Glad you are OK and sorry the easy cure didn't work ;-)

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

​,

Glad that you got it all sorted out

Can we now consider this thread 'Correctly Answered'?

All the Best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos