cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee Security Center says my computer is at risk, but I can't even run a full scan - see screenshot.

I'm try to run the full scan, but can't even get passed this step. I tried running the technician and it doesn't do anything to help with running a full scan. I'm just trying to figure out where to start and have had my computer for a while but am not an expert at using the security software, so trying to learn. I attached an image of the error. I would also like to call a number and talk to someone at McAfee if possible, but having a hard time finding that information.

error.JPG

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: McAfee Security Center says my computer is at risk, but I can't even run a full scan - see screenshot.

Moved this to Consumer > General.

Technical Support is free of charge by phone or online chat and linked below.  That is probably the best way to go at this stage:

But first try running AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes Free in the last link below.   To keep the latter free do NOT accept the free trial nor activate it.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

Highlighted

Re: McAfee Security Center says my computer is at risk, but I can't even run a full scan - see screenshot.

As per Peter says also try updating McAfee as this error in the past can be caused by a bad antividus dat or in this version the scanning engine.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community