cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lunchbox
Level 7

McAfee Security Center - 0 Items Scanned?

Hello,

My current subscription of Security Center downloaded updates a few days ago.  Now when I do a full scan, it says that 0% has been scanned as well as 0 items scanned.  Then, after a few minutes an error message pop ups saying that there was an error and I need to rescan again.  Another message pops up saying that S.C. is turned off.

I downloaded McAfee Virtual Technician, but the problem still persists.  I even deactivated, and then reactivated my account.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd much appreciate that.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jaymfe
Level 12

Re: McAfee Security Center - 0 Items Scanned?

Let’s know the operating system with Service pack and version of McAfee securityCenter and DAT version (McAfee >> Navigation >> about).

Please remove if any other securty software is installed along with McAfee.

0 Kudos
lunchbox
Level 7

No other security software is installed but McAfee.

Operating System: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems

McAfee Security Center version: 10.5

McAfee VirusScan Version: 14.5

McAfee VirusScan Dat Version: 6361

Thanks!

0 Kudos
jaymfe
Level 12

Sorry for the late respose. It seems that there is some update issues and virus scan not working properly. I would recomend you to un-install and re-install McAfee from your computer. Do not foregt to use MCPR to completly wipeout McAfee from the computer and restart the computer after running the MCPR tool.

MCPR: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

0 Kudos
lunchbox
Level 7

Thanks very much!  This worked!

0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

Keep an eye on this for any further issues. When you are satisfied the issue is resolved would you please mark this question as being answered.

0 Kudos