cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jperez_14
Level 7

McAfee Scan runs multiple times a day without a request

Hello:

During this week I have noticed that my scan runs several times a day even when I have the Scheduled scan set for Fridays only.  To go further, I disabled it completly yet still runs and shows me the details of the scan.

I have the McAfee Total Protection and this never happened to me before.  I am wondering if a new updated could have affected this function.

Thanks

JMP

0 Kudos
7 Replies
jperez_14
Level 7

Re: McAfee Scan runs multiple times a day without a request

Some details that may come handy:

McAfee VirusScan

Version: 15.0

Build: 15.0.288

Last Update: 5/29/2011

DAT Version: 6361

DAT Creation Date: 5/29/2011

Boot DAT Version: 6355.0000

Boot DAT Creation Date 5/23/2011

Engine Version 5400.1158

It seems that it was updated yesterday, and that is when the multiple scans were noticed as I had my computer ON for the whole day.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

This is something new. I've got McAfee Internet Security which was updated today but VirusScan is only on 14.5.130.  What's your Security Center version (mine's 10.5.237)?

I'll ask about this.

0 Kudos
aldrin.
Level 7

Could you please clarify this:

1. How did you purchase and install the McAfee programs, was that through a website (or) have you purchased it from any store and installed it using a disk?
  2. How long you are using McAfee on this computer? And when was this version installed?

Thanks,

Aldrin

0 Kudos
jperez_14
Level 7

1. I bought it via Amazon on a CD however; I had to reinstalled it as I reformatted my SSD a couple of weeks back and downloaded the version from "My Account" at the McAfee site.

2. This license wsa bought on Feb this year but as I mentioned, I had to reinstalled it.

See the "About" picture attached.McAfee About.jpg

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi jperez14,

I have sent you an email so as we could remote inn to your PC yo understand this new issue and diagnose the same. Please have it replied so that we could proceed further with this.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
jperez_14
Level 7

Hi Dinesh,

Not sure what has happened but it seems that the problem is gone.  I have been monitoring the system for the past 2 days after I disabled and re-enabled the scheduler several times and it stopped.

I'll keep you posted if the problem re-appear.

Thanks

JMP

Message was edited by: jperez_14 on 6/2/11 6:18:28 AM CDT
0 Kudos
jaymfe
Level 12

That’s fine…   Keep update if you face any issue with McAfee.

0 Kudos