cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cshawk
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

McAfee Safekey not installing in Chrome 64 bit, or Chrome 32 bit (Version 39.0.2168.0 canary)

I recently upgraded to Chrome 64 bit, and though it stated it was installing the McAfee Safekey, the extension does not show up.  I am unsure if Safekey is a 32-bit NPAPI plug, but it is the only extension which didn't install.  I have since uninstalled, and re-installed,, but though it appears in IE, it does not appear in Chrome.

Does anyone have this working, or have a workaround?  I am very dependent on Safekey, but having to use IE all the time is wearing me down.

Thank you.

8 Replies

Re: McAfee Safekey not installing in Chrome 64 bit, or Chrome 32 bit (Version 39.0.2168.0 canary)

It is quite possible that a Fellow Moderator whom is quite knowledgable of the (Inner-workings) and over-all functioning of the "Chrome Browser" will pick this thread up,and can offer assistance. As I choose to not use it, I apologize for being incapable of answering your question.

I have seen articles on the (Installation of LiveSafe/Safekey ) other than that. I wish you the very best.

Regards,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Re: McAfee Safekey not installing in Chrome 64 bit, or Chrome 32 bit (Version 39.0.2168.0 canary)

I have asked a tech to comment as we mods do not use that product

Thanks PK ....

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Message 5 of 9

Hi

I haven't tested Safe-key in the 64 bit version of Chrome. Canary build of Chrome is for Developers / Testers so there might be an incompatibility with Safe-key Add-on. I would suggest to download and install the stable version of Google Chrome (32 or 64 bit) and see if Safe-key works fine.

canary chrome.png

cshawk
Level 7
Message 6 of 9

I have re-installed Chrome 64 bit, with the latest stable.  This is version 37.0.2062.124 m (64-bit).  It is where I started, but I tried the later versions hoping the issue was a bug-fix.

After installing McAfee Safekey again, it still does not appear.

I agree, and understand,  with you on Canary.  I only installed it hoping that it was a 64 bit issue.

Message 7 of 9

Re: Re: McAfee Safekey not installing in Chrome 64 bit, or Chrome 32 bit (Version 39.0.2168.0 canary)

Please login to https://safekey.mcafee.com with your credentials and download the setup for Google chrome.

Install and restart the Machine.

Open IE and enable Safekey add-on - Login when prompted.

Try browsing couple of websites and see if Safekey logs you in automatically.

After confirming above step Open Google Chrome and wait for a while - You will see a Pop-up at top right to enable Safekey Add-on. Click Enable Add-on.

Login to Chrome's Safekey add-on and see if it works fine.

cshawk
Level 7
Message 8 of 9

Re: Re: McAfee Safekey not installing in Chrome 64 bit, or Chrome 32 bit (Version 39.0.2168.0 canary)

I went to safekey.mcafee.com. 

With or without my credentials, the only Download I see is a combined Download for IE,  Firefox and Chrome, I do not see a seperate download just foor Chrome.  The copy is the same as I re-installed earlier this morning.

After re-installing, and restarting the machine, the situation is the same.  Safekey appears in IE, but not in Chrome.  When I go to Settings->Extensions, it is not there.

Message 9 of 9

Re: Re: Re: McAfee Safekey not installing in Chrome 64 bit, or Chrome 32 bit (Version 39.0.2168.0 canary)

At this point I would suggest to contact Technical Support whom will guide you further. If issue is not resolved post here the Service request number for me to follow up.

https://service.mcafee.com/ContactTechnicalSupport.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1