cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjp1532
Level 7

McAfee Real-Time Scan blocks Photoshop sync

I am using Photoshop Elements, ver. 7.0 and a conflict appears present with McAfee Internet Security Real-Time scanning.  Photoshop software has a feature allowing the user to synchronize their photo and video files to Photoshop.com.  There is limited free online storage space for all registered users and for people with larger photo portfolios (like me), you can purchases aditional space.  I just recently discovered that my paid Photoshop.com web-site has not updated a single photo since July 2010.  Naturally I went to Photoshop to investigate and after scanning through several blogs I found a thread on the Adobe support page indicating that McAfee Real-Time scan was blocking the Adobe syncdb file.  So I turned off my McAfee Real-time scanning and my Photoshop sync service started the large task of synchronizing 7 months worth of photos.  According to Adobe there is no known work around except to turn off Real-Time scanning and other anti-virus prorgams do not affect the Photoshop sync feature.

Do you have any other ideas?  I am not comfortable leaving real-time scanning off plus I get persistant warnings from my McAfee that my computer is not safe.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ConorD62
Level 12

Re: McAfee Real-Time Scan blocks Photoshop sync

Hi Pjp1532,

Can you please go to Navigation > Firewall > Program permissions.

And see if you can find Photoshop Elements there.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
pjp1532
Level 7

Yes, it is present in the Program Permissions list several times: PS Sync Agent 7.0, PS Elements Editor, PS Elements Organizer and PS Elements 7.0.

Each of these programs have FULL access.

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

That's weird . Could you please update with what is the operating system its happening across ?

Also, let us know the below details';

Virus scan version

DAT version

Any other spyware program used in the machine ?

0 Kudos
pjp1532
Level 7

I decided to take a gamble and I deleted all of my files on my Adobe Photoshop.com account.  I waited a few days and then set up one new album with only 50 photos in the album and to my surprize it uploaded to the photoshop.com site and it did so even with the McAfee Real-time scanning turned ON.  So I created another new album with even more photos which also uploaded to photoshop.com.  So despite the posting on the Adobe web-site indicating that real time scan is the conflict, I am convinced that there is something that corrupts the Adobe photoshop sychronization files.  At this point, I was able to do a work around by deleting the online files and starting over.

Thanks for your willingness to help.

Paul

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi pjp523,

Glad to hear that you ar OK now and thanks for taking your time to report back . .

Cheers .

0 Kudos