cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicdoc
Level 7

McAfee Pop Ups

Jump to solution

I am sick to death of getting stupid McAfee sales pop ups which can't be switched off. I want to be in control of whether or not I see ads and it seems McAfee do no allow me this privilege. I will not be renewing my subscription on this basis.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: McAfee Pop Ups

Jump to solution

Hi

These Pop-ups shouldn't appear anymore. Please confirm status.

94 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

​,

Do you by chance have your *Auto Renewal Settings* on? In addition please go to your Control Panel/Programs and Features/Check to see if you have (McAfee Security Scan Plus) installed. If so,you can safely delete it. As it is only a Marketing tool.

Could you please provide a Screenshot of the actual Pop-up?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Successfully moved from "My Account" Online to General Discussion

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Please refer to this Article ;Remove "McAfee Security Scan Plus" (Uninstall Guide)

Also please keep in mind that turning off your Auto Renewal Settings will negate your *McAfee Pledge*

https://community.mcafee.com/message/432478#432478

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
nicdoc
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have already been on the chat function and been told that it is impossible to switch off marketing ads without deleting McAfee altogether. These are not scanning prompts, these are 'Do you want to buy this?' adverts giving me the option to either activate or ignore. I'm ignoring of course, but I don't want them in the first place. You give me no option to switch them off.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I see...However if you have inadvertently installed MSSPlus, it will scan automatically and create prompts also.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
nicdoc
Level 7

Jump to solution

I don't mind the scan prompts, but I object to 'Do you want to buy this?' pop ups that I have to click to action. I have the paid version, but I won't be paying McAfee just to use me as marketing fodder any more.

0 Kudos
nicdoc
Level 7

Jump to solution

As I said, not the scan prompts I object to. I object to paying for a product, handing over my money, then being unable to control how that company tries to sell me further products. To have marketing ads pop up on my own, personal computer, and have no control over those ads, is not acceptable. So McAfee will not be getting my money in future. I'll purchase another product that doesn't simply treat me as marketing fodder.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I am sorry to hear that. I have attempted to address your concerns, even inserted a link containing *The McAfee Satisfaction Promise*. Having said this, if you have your mind made up to switch products. Can we consider this thread as 'Addressed' and close?

All the Best

Good Luck

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

I have not seen an answer re have you got Security scan plus installed? if I missed it sorry.

I will comment re this in our moderator call tomorrow

0 Kudos