cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee Personal Firewall notification missing file name and path

In a recent update of McAfee Personal Firewall the notifactions have become useless.

When an application request access to internet I have a notifaction asking me to choose between "Block", "Allow Once", "Allow outgoing access" and "Allow Always".

The problem is that now McAfee do not display anything else than a application name to let me decide, a name with is just useless 90% of the time.

For example the last notification I got asked to allow access to an app named "remsh". 

Cool... how am I supposed to decide if I allow or block if I don't have the path and filename? "remsh" seems to be a component of Windows 10 update, but other reported it as a malware.

In previous versions of McAfee Personal Firewall the full path and exact filename of the file was available, now just a useless application name.

Am I the only one finding it a very bad regression (= BUG) and which need a fix?

Thanks

Windows 10 Pro 64bit 

McAfee Total Protection
Version: 16.0
Release Name: 16.0 R7

McAfee Personal Firewall
Version: 17.7
Build: 17.7.127
Last update: 14/01/2018

Tags (3)
2 Replies
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee Personal Firewall notification missing file name and path

@ganesh_rajur @ymdfarhan @Karthik_K

Cuold one of you kindly assist this customer please?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Re: McAfee Personal Firewall notification missing file name and path

That's what I'm talking about.

It's just impossible now to know what program/process the Firewall is talking about. No filename, no path, nothing at all. To decide to allow or block connection it's a lottery now as it's impossible to decide.

McAfee Support Mobile App Available
With the new McAfee Support Mobile App you’ll be able to update, close, and view service requests on your mobile device. The app will also notify you when one of our technical support engineers update a service request. Download the Android version from Google Play and the iOS version from the Apple App Store today!