cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
penbem
Level 7

McAfee Internet security and antivirus plus problem

Hi, i want to ask to you about my problem.

I have a lenovo z370 laptop. It had McAfee Antivirus plus trial edition default. i bought McAfee Internet security to protect my network and installed to my laptop.

Some times later, my computer warned me "your computer at risk". when i controlled there was no internet security on my computer. There was antivirus plus and its trial period had finished.

I installed internet security again. This event repeats usually (4-5 times in six months). Now i am installing it again.  i dont want install internet security again and again.

There is no one uses my laptop, and i am sure i didn't uninstall internet security. 

Can you help me please?

Thank you.

PS: i am sory, my english is not good enough. i hope, i could describe my problem. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: McAfee Internet security and antivirus plus problem

There must be remannts of the original software still on the machine.

Uninstall everything 'McAfee' in the Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program (Add or Remove Programs in XP)

As a rule, whenever changing from one suite to another, or from a trial to a full version, it's wise to do a complete cleanup.

Run the MCPR Cleanup Tool listed under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Reboot and reinstall from your online account.

0 Kudos
penbem
Level 7

Hi Ex_Brit,

Thank you for your reply. Now i am trying your advice.

I need some time to see the results.(20 days or more.). i will write here for results.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

OK good luck. 

0 Kudos