cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Internet Security is blocking Bank of America site

Hi I hope someone can help.  I am trying to access Online log in with BofA website.  "Online banking is not available to you at this time" is the error I get.  I checked with BofA - they decided it was something on my laptop blocking them as everything is ok at there end.  I turned the Firewall off on McAfee and tried to log in again - got straight in.  Is there a place where you can add "trusted sites" etc because I do not want to leave the Firewall turned off. Using Google Chrome browser.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: McAfee Internet Security is blocking Bank of America site

Well in Webadvisor the options have a trusted site area ie the down arrow next to the green box (In firefox) though you said firewall disabling enabled you access that could be netguard try disabling that in the firewall settings.

I assume no warning  so maybe look in navigation and security history and see if it shows any comment there.

If not that could be a port setting required though the banking support would have warned re that.

last option is call McAfee support

Support

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Moved from Community Support to General Discussion >Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

If I may add in addition to PK suggestions. You may try adding it to your (Trusted Sites)  in your Browser as well.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

It also could be the firewall or Parental Controls (if active).  A screenshot would help perhaps.  I would ask Technical Support, the link is at the end of Peacekeeper's first response.

0 Kudos