cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Internet Security (AT&T UVERSE) sees Auslogics Boostspeed 9 as virus

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I have also sent a request to Auslogics for a solution in addition to this post.  If I get a solution from them, I will be sure to post it here.  Ever since the last update for Internet Security, McAfee is quarantining 4 files that allow Auslogics BoostSpeed 9 as a virus.  I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, but it doesn't solve the problem.  The only solution so far is to turn off real-time scanning, which I don't want to do permanently as it will leave my PC vulnerable.

The problem is with a PC that is running Windows  7 Professional.  I also have a laptop running windows 10, but the problem was resolved after I turned off real-time scanning, installed Boostspeed, and then restarted real-time scanning.

I've searched the net, and so far, I have not seen a solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance,

MIACLOCKMAN

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: McAfee Internet Security (AT&T UVERSE) sees Auslogics Boostspeed 9 as virus

Jump to solution

RESOLVED - UPDATE 10/30/17

Evidently, the problem has been resolved by either McAfee or Auslogics.  The program is now working as designed on both my Windows 10 and Windows 7 Pro machines.  Here are the steps to follow to ensure that it is once again properly installed:

1. Uninstall current version of Boostspeed (this is because of the files that have been quarantined by McAfee)
  2. Restart the PC (if instructed to do so)
  3. Download the latest version of Boostspeed 9 at http://www.auslogics.com
  4. Use the SAVE AS option when it pops up and save to desktop (helpful if you would like to burn an archival copy)
  5. Right-click on the installer and choose "run as administrator"
  6. Follow the installation prompts
  7. At the last step DO NOT have the program start as soon as the installation is complete.
  8. Close all windows and restart the machine (my recommendation)
  9. Login to Windows and double-click the boostspeed 9 icon.
  10. If prompted, copy and paste your License Key that you received when you originally purchased Boostspeed 9.  If you lost the key, you will have to contact Auslogics with proof of purchase and they will send you the key by email.
  11. The program should now operate normally.

Again, I did not receive any confirmation from either McAfee or Auslogics - I have been testing every day and all day today everything has been back to normal.

I'm considering this problem RESOLVED.  Hope this is helpful.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Jump to solution

This may help: 

Jump to solution

Received a message back from auslogics saying that it is a known error with their program and that they expect to have it resolved within 3 to 5 business days.

Once I know that the problem has been resolved I will post the solution on this website.

Thanks

Miaclockman

Jump to solution

That's good news.

Jump to solution

RESOLVED - UPDATE 10/30/17

Evidently, the problem has been resolved by either McAfee or Auslogics.  The program is now working as designed on both my Windows 10 and Windows 7 Pro machines.  Here are the steps to follow to ensure that it is once again properly installed:

1. Uninstall current version of Boostspeed (this is because of the files that have been quarantined by McAfee)
  2. Restart the PC (if instructed to do so)
  3. Download the latest version of Boostspeed 9 at http://www.auslogics.com
  4. Use the SAVE AS option when it pops up and save to desktop (helpful if you would like to burn an archival copy)
  5. Right-click on the installer and choose "run as administrator"
  6. Follow the installation prompts
  7. At the last step DO NOT have the program start as soon as the installation is complete.
  8. Close all windows and restart the machine (my recommendation)
  9. Login to Windows and double-click the boostspeed 9 icon.
  10. If prompted, copy and paste your License Key that you received when you originally purchased Boostspeed 9.  If you lost the key, you will have to contact Auslogics with proof of purchase and they will send you the key by email.
  11. The program should now operate normally.

Again, I did not receive any confirmation from either McAfee or Auslogics - I have been testing every day and all day today everything has been back to normal.

I'm considering this problem RESOLVED.  Hope this is helpful.

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting that.  In my experience often the problem is sorted out without any notification to anyone.

So all is well that ends well as the saying goes.\

Good luck.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community