cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Internet Security 2011 Activation

I have this product with 3 licenses however when I click to activate it is saying I am not connected to the internet which I am. Is there a link to click to activate instead of doing it through the program?

11 Replies
Dinz
Level 16
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 12

Re: McAfee Internet Security 2011 Activation

Hi ,

Please let us know the following details;

What is the operating system of the computer ?
How is the computer connected to internet ? (dsl/wireless/dial up)
Do you have any other security software installed in the computer ?

please get back yo us with the above details and we shall proceed further .

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

The computer is on Vista, it is connected via wireless to a router connected to the main PC. I dont have other security software on it, I removed this to install McAfee. My laptop seems to have problems with showing online several programs report it not being online when I know it is connected.

Dinz
Level 16
Message 4 of 12

Ok,

Please follow the below steps and try activating again;

Check and uinstall if you have any other security software in control panel and also in the below locations;

C:\program files\common files

C:\Documents & settings\all users\application data (you might have remnants of your other security software)}

After the above is checked , run the McAfee removal tool from this link here and restart the computer.

Reinstall the software and try activation , this should work .

please let me know if you still have any issues.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

pia
Level 7
Message 5 of 12

Hi Dinz, sorry I can't find the place to ask questions b/c I'm running on a mode which makes things difficult to see. Could you link me to the place to ask questions, or better yet just provide me with your email. Thanks

adrain
Level 7
Message 6 of 12

Hey Dinz, I recently bought McAfee total protection 2011 on a CD from a store.  I use Windows Vista, and I am unable to activate.  Upon clicking on "Activate", absolutely nothing happens.  Nothing pops up, no little "wheel" spins, no message appears that informs me that my computer is contacting McAfee.  Nothing.

As of right now I only have nine days in which to activate -- although I won't have another chance to do so until I have three days left.

Can you please supply me with an answer specific to my problem?  I paid $60.00 for your software, and since I openned the package, I cannot return it. 

If at all possible, I would like the solution to do as little change / damage to my computer.

Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Adrain.

Message was edited by: adrain on 4/16/11 11:20:51 PM CDT

Contact Customer service they will sort it out.

http://service.mcafee.com/CustomerService.aspx?lc=1033&sg=CS&pt=1

adrain
Level 7
Message 8 of 12

Thanks, Peacekeeper.

I phoned the tech support, and all that I needed to do was download a crucial windows update (which I had lost due to reverting back to an older version of my computer via Recovery).  I then uninstalled and reinstalled Mcafee.

It works like a charm, now.

Thanks again.

~Adrain

That is what they are good for I would never have known that they do this 24/7 so are skilled in it most of the time  

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 23/04/11 6:42:04 PM

Hi adrain, would you be able to let me know what crucial update you downloaded please? Ive got the same problem with the Activation link not doing anything. Im also running Vista.

Thanks