I have never had issues installing McAfee until now. I just reformatted and reinstalled Windows 7 64-bit and now I keep getting this error.
What is the problem?! Any help would be great!
Best to call support this issue rare. I assume this on a consumer install not corporate ie (enterprise)
The bad image message can be a corrupt installer file maybe remove Mcafee via the MCPR tool after running the windows removal if it is actually installed and reinstall the product from your account.
David Brott wrote:
I tried the MCPR tool and it still gives me the same error when I try to reload. I am at a loss at this point of what the issue is.
We identified this to be an issue with a missing Windows patch. Please see the article Error: Install.exe - Bad Image (when you attempt to install the McAfee Security Suite)
I had exactly the same problem described above by "dbhelp" on my Windows 7 SP1 32 bit. and I managed to solve it in this way:
1. On the link Windows Updates Downloader (WUD) Update Files (ULs) I downloaded and installed the soft Windows Update Downloader (WUD).
2. On the same site I've downloaded with WUD the Windows updates Windows Updates Downloader (WUD) Update Files (ULs) for my Windows version.
3. After I've downloaded the Windows updates on my laptop it was created a folder with different Windows Updates that you may install manually.
4. I choose from the folder "Security Updates" only the update (Windows6.1-KB3033929-x86.msu) and activated it manually. The update was activated and installed succesfully.
5. After my system rebooted I used McAfee removal tool (MCPR.exe) to clean everything that was left from previous unsuccessful installation, then restarted again the system.
6. After the system rebooted I activated McAfee Pre-instal tool (Pre-Install_Tool.exe) and after that from my McAfee Account I started again the installation of my McAfee antivirus.
Following all these steps finally my McAfee Antivirus was installed successfully.
Hope it was helpful for those who faced the same problem. Cheers.
It worked for me too. After three days of testing, guessing, installing, uninstalling, rebooting, chatting with Mcafee people, this post solved everything. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!