cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Icon returns to desktop after being deleted.

This is an old question that is occurring again.  The McAfee Icon returns to the desktop after being deleted.  Some time back this was occurring and the issue was solved with an update that took forever to get downloaded.  I received the fix sometime in May 2012.  All was good until I changed my account last week from a pay account to a free account through my ISP (Brighthouse networks).  Now the Icon comes back in 4 or 5 hours after being deleted.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: McAfee Icon returns to desktop after being deleted.

It's possible Brighthouse, whilst keeping VirusScan up to date, may be using an older version of the software, something unfortunately McAfee can't do anything about except hope they pass through general software upgrades promptly.   I'm never quite sure why ISP's and PC makers and other 3rd parties hang on to improvements for so long, but unfortunately they do.

That all said, it is feasible that the problem has crept back into the system, although I haven't seen it myself, and I think perhaps you should open a case with Technical Support.  It's free and available via phone or online chat throught the link in Useful Links at the top of this page.

If they can't fix it let me know and I will make this a subject for our next conference call with McAfee on Monday the 15th.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/10/12 8:01:19 EDT AM
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

0 Kudos

Thanks, worked good on all the computers.  Sorry thank you is so late.

Patrick

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Glad to help.  All the best ;-)

0 Kudos