Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pawanmusale
Level 8

McAfee Firewall Turning Off

Jump to solution

Hello

I have Winows 7 on my laptop and have McAfee anti-virus. Since last few weeks, my firewall is continuously turning off. If I turn it on, it stays on momentarily and turns off again. I also receive the message 'Your computer is at risk'. I have Spybot-Search and Destroy installed on my laptop; however it too hasn't detected any malware. I am sure that there is something wrong. Kindly help me in fixing this problem.

Thank You

Regards,

Pawan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pawanmusale
Level 8

Re: McAfee Firewall Turning Off

Jump to solution

Hello Community,

Karthik Shankar has assisted me in fixing this issue. The problem is solved now and this post can be closed.

Karthik, Thank you very much for looking into this and fixing it over the remote session.

Regards,

Pawan

0 Kudos
7 Replies
pawanmusale
Level 8

Jump to solution

I ran MVT and it found 10 problems. However it did not fix all if them. I am attaching the logs herewith.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Best to let support comment on the logs they can read them it is their job.

That said go to start run and type services.msc and check that the windows firewall service is set to started and automatic.

Is the spybot program the free 1 or paid ie does it have real time scanning active?

Run a scan with some of the other scanners here

McAfee Communities: Anti-Spyware, Malware & Hijacker Tools

0 Kudos
karthiks
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi Pawan,

Please check this Thread HERE and get the details i have asked for so that we can proceed further. Thanks,

Message was edited by: karthiks on 11/28/12 5:36:55 PM CST
0 Kudos
pawanmusale
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Karthik,

I have IE 9, Firefox 17.0

Windows 7 Home Premium

Base Filtering Engine service is running but Windows firewall is not. I tried to start it, but it failed. Details are attached to this email.

Thanks

Pawan

0 Kudos
karthiks
Level 12

Jump to solution

Pawan,

As I reported in the earlier thread, the problem is only with Windows Firewall. Some of the registry entries of the Windows Firewall are missing on your machine. So I have sent you an email requesting for some details so kindly update me so that we can proceed on this issue further.

0 Kudos
pawanmusale
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hello Community,

Karthik Shankar has assisted me in fixing this issue. The problem is solved now and this post can be closed.

Karthik, Thank you very much for looking into this and fixing it over the remote session.

Regards,

Pawan

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Glad you are OK now, thanks for posting and all the best.

0 Kudos