cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Randy513
Level 7

McAfee Earthquake Victim Scam pop-ups!!! ERRRRRRRRR!!

How do I stop these annoying pop-ups from McAfee????

Enough is enough!!!!!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: McAfee Earthquake Victim Scam pop-ups!!! ERRRRRRRRR!!

It only appeared once on my machine - if you dismiss it it shouldn't return.

0 Kudos
Randy513
Level 7

I have the option of canceling or going to the website! I've done both many times!

It's a great cause, but I feel like it's being shoved down my throat!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

That shouldn't be happening, must be something to do with settings in your machine.  Give Technical Support Chat a shout - see Useful Links at the top of this page.

0 Kudos
newjack
Level 12

I Just recieved this pop up while doing a search.After having a few problems yesterday.Ie9 also keeps crashing whenever I go to post an image on these forums since.Here is the pop up.Is this a Legit mcafee product?Mcafee Registry Power cleaner.I had to reinstall Mcafee last night.Already recieving pop ups.

mcafee reg cleaner.JPG

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

It's a product marketed by McAfee under a reciprocal sales agreement with its manufacturer, Winferno, but it isn't made by McAfee.  See: http://home.mcafee.com/Store/PackageDetail.aspx?pkgid=281

My views on registry cleaners are well known, apart from the SecurityCenter's built-in Quickclean, which is already a 'lite registry cleaner', I don't approve of any of them as they invariably will remove essential registry keys.

In Dell's version of the McAfee protection I have no idea if Quickclean is included - it should appear under PC Optimization in the main interface of SecurityCenter.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/03/11 10:59:19 EDT AM
0 Kudos
newjack
Level 12

Thanks Peter, I do have the Pc optimization (Quick clean) on my Pc. I do agree with randy513 about the pop ups.I certainly understand the whole marketing strategy.But smart marketing is what I would like to see.To go with the Smart timer.Why would you send out pop ups to someone who has 2 years left on their original subscription?To me thats like the annoying telemarketer that wont give up.You certainly wont attract people to buy from someone who is annoying you.To further my point .Who is going to buy when they just made a purchase??Thank you for your response by the way.I certainly am not directing this toward you.Just trying to see if what i say makes sense to anyone looking.                                      Thank,newjack

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

The particular popup described in post 1 should have only appeared once, the fact it appears more than once concerns me as that's indicative of something that's preventing a record of it being kept somewhere....mind you I have no idea how they work, but that's a layman's explanation.

There was an early sales blitz one that appeared to encourage people to renew early and get a bigger discount as a result.   That again should only have appeared once.

On my machine they function as they should - once only, so I can't explain why others seem to be seeing them all the time.   That's why I recommend contacting Tech. Support Chat.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/03/11 12:29:14 EDT PM
0 Kudos
newjack
Level 12

ok thank you

0 Kudos
Randy513
Level 7

Thank You,

I appreciate you all taking the time to look at this!

0 Kudos