cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ConorD62
Level 12

Massive problem with McAfee.

Real time scanning keeps turning on and off.

Updates won't happen due to "Internet or Network Connectivity"

It won't scan either.

I decided to download Microsoft Security Essentials, to see if it would work with that Anti Virus.

Scan works, Real Time scanning works, update works.

I still have both on my computer because I don't know which one to get rid of seeing as McAfee is seriously not working.

Message was edited by: ConorD62 on 26/12/10 13:40:34 CST
0 Kudos
7 Replies
ConorD62
Level 12

Re: Massive problem with McAfee.

OK, most probable reason for this is, I had to do a system restore, because my computer hard-crashed on the 24th and I didn't use my computer till today (26) and it had wiped all of my files on my computer, other than appdata and other things. But I got my files back now.

MVT fixed 2/3 problems.

Only one it didn't fix was Engine is out of date.

Any help on that one? (probably you just update mcafee, but I'd just like to know)

0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

Please try to update and see if the issue is resolved.

0 Kudos
ConorD62
Level 12

Ran update, didn't tell me to restart, but says my updates are current.

0 Kudos
ConorD62
Level 12

I'm going to guess it was me doing a system restore, but I will still ask, was it the system restore or McAfee wishing me a merry Christmas?

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi ConorD62,

When you use the restore function, your security suite can be reverted to the previous version of the application. This can cause the entire application to stop working, leaving your computer unstable or unprotected from threats . Also, Updates to your security suite could be partially removed, creating a mixed version installation issue where the security suite may not function as expected, and updates might not be applied again, because they are still partially present.

McAfee recommends to unistall your McAfee products before performing a windows system restore , and then reinstall the application after the planned restoration.

Hope the above was helpful ,

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos
ConorD62
Level 12

MVT fixed most, if not all of the problems.

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Glad that you are OK now, please do get back to us if any issues. .

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos