cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Macafee expired

I currently pay £3 per month  via my SKY broadband subscription for my Macafee Internet Security. Last night when I logged on to my pc I was informed my Macafee that my subscription was about to expire and that I needed to renew. I checked my Sky account online and confirmed that my monthly £3 was still being paid by me each month. Tonight I am advised my Macafee that my firewall has now gone and that I must renew!! Obviously I have no intention of paying to renew a service which is still being paid for monthly ! My only solution would seem to be that I cancel my Macafee protection via my Sky account and uninstall it from my pc. If I have to do that I intend to install one of the free anti virus products but I'd really rather not if I don't have to. Anyone got any ideas??

2 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Macafee expired

@viviennr - I was going to suggest you raise this issue in the Sky forums but I see you have already done that. If Sky are taking money from you for a McAfee subscription but McAfee thinks the subscription has lapsed then somewhere there is a breakdown in the reciprocal arrangements. You need someone to take ownership of this - @selvan, if you could have a look at this please, or find someone else who can help?

I don't know if doing an uninstall of your installation and re-install (as dwg1, the Sky Production Supervisor, suggests)  would help. It might, but I'd wait for someone from McAfee tech support to confirm that.

Highlighted

Re: Macafee expired

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community