cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macafee expired

I currently pay £3 per month  via my SKY broadband subscription for my Macafee Internet Security. Last night when I logged on to my pc I was informed my Macafee that my subscription was about to expire and that I needed to renew. I checked my Sky account online and confirmed that my monthly £3 was still being paid by me each month. Tonight I am advised my Macafee that my firewall has now gone and that I must renew!! Obviously I have no intention of paying to renew a service which is still being paid for monthly ! My only solution would seem to be that I cancel my Macafee protection via my Sky account and uninstall it from my pc. If I have to do that I intend to install one of the free anti virus products but I'd really rather not if I don't have to. Anyone got any ideas??

2 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Macafee expired

@viviennr - I was going to suggest you raise this issue in the Sky forums but I see you have already done that. If Sky are taking money from you for a McAfee subscription but McAfee thinks the subscription has lapsed then somewhere there is a breakdown in the reciprocal arrangements. You need someone to take ownership of this - @selvan, if you could have a look at this please, or find someone else who can help?

I don't know if doing an uninstall of your installation and re-install (as dwg1, the Sky Production Supervisor, suggests)  would help. It might, but I'd wait for someone from McAfee tech support to confirm that.

Re: Macafee expired

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community