Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vashii
Level 8

MCafee not starting

Jump to solution

Hello people!
I would be glad if you could help me out.
My Mcafee security and virus protection is not opening since last week. It worked perfectly before but now when I am trying to scan my laptop, it is not opening. I keep on clicking, nothing changed. I do not know how to check whether my subscription is active or not since it is not opening but as far as I recall my subscription is around May 2017, but still I am not sure.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.

V

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vashii
Level 8

Re: MCafee not starting

Jump to solution

Hello
I am sorry. I am new here, could not grasp about the general discussions. Thanks a lot CD ! How stupid was I of never thinking about rebooting. I just tried it and at the same time I run the windows defender scan offline. Mcafee is back !! Thanks once again! I surely keep in mind next time but hope I do not encounter such problems again.
Thank you for the note about the subscription as well.

All the best.

V

0 Kudos
7 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Moved to General Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

​,

Have you attempted to Reboot it? Try right clicking on your Red McAfee Icon in your lower tray,by the clock. Click on (Verify Subscription). You can of course always contact Technical Support and it is at no cost. Via Phone/Online Chat by far the quickest.  https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/co/home/contact

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
vashii
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hello
I am sorry. I am new here, could not grasp about the general discussions. Thanks a lot CD ! How stupid was I of never thinking about rebooting. I just tried it and at the same time I run the windows defender scan offline. Mcafee is back !! Thanks once again! I surely keep in mind next time but hope I do not encounter such problems again.
Thank you for the note about the subscription as well.

All the best.

V

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

​,

I am glad that your issue is resolved Thank you for your invaluable input. For when someone else experiences the same issue, they will know what to try.

All the very best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Also try running MVT the virtual technician

MVT

0 Kudos
vashii
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi !

Yes, I ran MVT, was told there were no issues.
Thanks.

All the best.

V

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Due to the fact this thread has been 'Correctly Answered', I am locking it.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos