cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCAfee unethical business practice

Hi I am unable to remove your anti-virus program. I am so disappointed that you behave like the malware people and make it almost impossible to remove your intrusive, abusive and unwanted product. The uninstall on Windows 10 does not run, the tool downloaded from your site does not run -it hangs. Your pop-ups are repetitive even when cancelled.Your product and marketing methods are a disgrace. I will work endless to warn people about your methods. I expect no response of any use. Bye

3 Replies
Moderator Karthik_K
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: MCAfee unethical business practice

Hi @Warneveryone

We are sorry to hear that you are facing issue with McAfee uninstallation. We sent you a private message. Kindly reply to it to proceed further on the issue.

Regards,

Karthik K

Highlighted

OK, MCAfee Live Support came through with remote access and assisted to remove the program. Great service from Support for which I am grateful.  

Why the rest of the company can't understand that there may only place a program on a client computer with permission and it must be easy to remove. I still think that the company is unethical in it's abuse of customer trust.

Moderator ymdfarhan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Hello

We really apologize that you had difficulty in removing the program and we also gree that removal of the program shouldn't have required you to contact support in the first place.

We also would like to assure that we only install McAfee or any supporting applications only after we get the concurrence from our customers. If you believe that we have/had installed any application on your device without your knowledge or concurrence, please share more details and we will look into it.

Regards
Farhan

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community