cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
b0mb00z
Level 7

License problem; can't manage computers.

I've tried to find other threads relating to the same problem, but all the answers I read were more or less 'contact this, that'. Let's keep this short:

Bought a Dell laptop in August 2009, been using McAfee on it since it came with a 3 year subscription. Had a few problems here and there when I was switching workplace (would not recognize computer as the one McAfee was originally on, blablablah.), but I managed to get around them by deactivating the license I was using at one place, and reactivating it at the other (Always on the same computer).

Problem as it stands today: software is deactivated, just like if I was missing a license. Should still be available until August 2012, although everytime it boots, I almost get yelled at to renew it. Can't deactivate my current available license (says it is in use, hasn't been for quite some time, laptop wasn't used during the holidays) : trying to do so simply asks for confirmation, and then nothing happens. All old deactivated licenses are still displayed ( as deactivated ) and all are on the same computer. Said computer had a reinstallation of McAfee, that didn't change anything.

What extra info could I add?

Running Windows 7, most of the time hiding behind dynamic IP's, problems started last Fall, tried to contact Customer Support, said it wasn't their field of support. Cannot view current 'active computer' IP address via the license page, link is broken/doesn't work.

Any help from someone who had the same problem would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Aldrin
Level 12

Re: License problem; can't manage computers.

Just checked your account status, I really don’t find any issues with that. Your subscription is active and valid until 2012, it is installed in one computer (Computer Name: PERFORMANCE5).

However, try the followng: Right click on the McAfee icon on the right bottom corner of your computer – Click on Verify Subscription, complete the verification and try updating the programs, check if that fixes it.

0 Kudos
b0mb00z
Level 7

Verify subscription returned a pop-up that said 'McAfee has verified your subcription', and nothing else. Program splash screen still says software is deactivated, no changes.

If you have access to account status, could you deactivate the computer that's currently in use? Might simply fix the problem, seems more like a website issue / communication issue between server and client.

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

hi there,

Could you please confirm , if you are using McAfee Security center - on the computer (Named : PERFORMANCES) ??

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos
b0mb00z
Level 7

Computer name is PERFORMANCE5, and no, I am not using it, since it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi,

Could you please right click on tray icon for McAfee and select the option - Check for Updates and let me know if your security center gets reactivated now !!!

Regards,
Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos