cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
Level 20

Leave Malwarebytes installed,or not?

Jump to solution

As I normally do, I rely on my Automatic Updates for my Daily Engine Versions,Anti-Spam Content,or incremental updated (Builds) of features. With the 13.x.xxx Beta Version expected to be throttled out for release,in the near future. Is it safe to say,I can leave Malwarebytes installed or simply put, will it interfere with my Automatic Upgrade?

I realise when doing a "Manual" Uninstall/Reinstall, one has the choice to skip removal. However, am uncertain what may occur leaving it to install Automatically? I basically only have it installed periodically, and eventually uninstall it myself. For each and everytime I have ran a scan with it, it comes back "Clean.

I have kept this last New Version 2.0 installed, other than my Site Advisor Live Add-on,and Adobe Flash Player, these are the only ones I have on my machine. As always, I can be a bit "Long Winded". Just need to know if it matters if I leave it on my machine?

Any advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Regards,

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Leave Malwarebytes installed,or not?

Jump to solution

Yes it's OK to leave it installed, but would advise, if it's the Pro version, to turn off MBAM real-time scanning until it's established it wont interfere with McAfee RTS.  I haven't had time to research this I"m afraid but MBAM forums might be a good spot to start.

Sorry, half blind at present from eye doctor visit.

0 Kudos
28 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Yes it's OK to leave it installed, but would advise, if it's the Pro version, to turn off MBAM real-time scanning until it's established it wont interfere with McAfee RTS.  I haven't had time to research this I"m afraid but MBAM forums might be a good spot to start.

Sorry, half blind at present from eye doctor visit.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thank you Ex_Brit   No worry there, in regards to the "Pro Version". The only RTS Module running for over the Last 10 yrs plus, is McAffe,s. From time to time, I enable "Windows Defender" (Which is Compatible with Windows 7 Sp1) and run a scan.

Again, I sincerely appreciate your assurance.

Have a "Great Day" Went through that yearly "Dialation" myself recently.

Regards,

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Thanks.  People are telling me my signature "Peter" is missing in action, can you see it?  I can.

0 Kudos
spc3rd
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi Peter,

Hope your eye doctor visit went well.  Regarding your "Signature", i.e. Peter......I only see the actual image code itself, but not your usual signature.

Best always,

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Strange I see it.  I've asked the forum Admin for advice.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Actually, For the last (2) days I have noticed the same.  As I have been experiencing difficulty with the "Forum Software" myself. I attributed it to that? What I actually see is the following:

https://community.mcafee.com/servelet/jive servlet/downloadImage/102-5889-1-621277?

I can concur with Spc3rd, your "Actual" Signature-Name" is not displayed?

Just now as what I just typed...it created a "Partial Link"  Strange ?

I have attempted to complete my "Personal Profile" for the longest...yet to no success?

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 4/24/14 3:16:12 PM CDT
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

You would need to post a question about it here I guess:  https://community.mcafee.com/community/help/getting_started

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

Jump to solution

Except you can't post in that section any more and all the existing posts there have been hidden - they still show in the totals but you can't see any of them.

@CatDaddy, can you take a screenshot and edit it down to show just that problematic bit of the signature so we can see what you see?

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I sent Ex_Brit  a actual "Copy" I will attempt to do so.... https://community.mcafee.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-143933-5189/78-49/Peter.gif 

Hopefully this will transmit? 

This is actually what appears (Above) where his name "Peter" should be displayed.

It seems as though for some reason, it is being "Blocked" from showing?

Regards,

CatdDaddy-CD

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 4/24/14 4:52:03 PM CDT
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos