Once I logon I cannot get internet access (or much of anything else) for something like 2 mins. I used to be almost instant. The only change is a new version of McAfee. So I checked in Task Manager it showed mfevtps.exe hogging the processor. As soon as that activity drops off I get my machine back. PLEASE FIX IT.
PS I would put the version I've got, but I can't find it anyone on that non-standard UI.
Thanks for the explanation of where to find about, here goes;
(some thoughts about this process; about text should be copyable, this site doesn't allow pngs but doesn't tell you that, the error message says invalid content type and is found off the screen inside a fixed sized area).
Hope this screen shot helps
Thanks for the information, please clarify the following:
1. Do you have any other security software installed in the computer?
2. Can you check the status of the computer in Safe Mode with Networking?
3. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling McAfee, if no then click on the Useful Links on top of this page, run the McAfee Removal tool and reinstall McAfee and update us on the status
1. No, no other security software (well apart from MS Firewall, Defender, etc - usual windows stuff)
2. In safe mode it appeared to start without the long delay
3. I have now removed and re-installed as per instructions and although it still has a perceivable start-up lag it is far smaller than before the reinstall - leagues better
Thanks for your help, would be nice to just shave that last bit off again too. Thanks again.
You might feel a slight delay while the computer boots up, this occurs as the real-time virus protection would be running at the background. Anyhow glad to know that you got it fixed