cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauliom
Level 7

Latest update of BT NetProtect Plus = Very Slow Startup in Win7

Once I logon I cannot get internet access (or much of anything else) for something like 2 mins. I used to be almost instant. The only change is a new version of McAfee. So I checked in Task Manager it showed mfevtps.exe hogging the processor. As soon as that activity drops off I get my machine back. PLEASE FIX IT.

PS I would put the version I've got, but I can't find it anyone on that non-standard UI.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Aldrin
Level 12

Re: Latest update of BT NetProtect Plus = Very Slow Startup in Win7

Please follow the screenshots and let us know the version details of the installed McAfee programs

0 Kudos
pauliom
Level 7

Thanks for the explanation of where to find about, here goes;

(some thoughts about this process; about text should be copyable, this site doesn't allow pngs but doesn't tell you that, the error message says invalid content type and is found off the screen inside a fixed sized area).

Hope this screen shot helps

AntiVirus.jpg

0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

Thanks for the information, please clarify the following:

1. Do you have any other security software installed in the computer?

2. Can you check the status of the computer in Safe Mode with Networking?

3. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling McAfee, if no then click on the Useful Links on top of this page, run the McAfee Removal tool and reinstall McAfee and update us on the status

0 Kudos
pauliom
Level 7

1. No, no other security software (well apart from MS Firewall, Defender, etc - usual windows stuff)

2. In safe mode it appeared to start without the long delay

3. I have now removed and re-installed as per instructions and although it still has a perceivable start-up lag it is far smaller than before the reinstall - leagues better

Thanks for your help, would be nice to just shave that last bit off again too. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

You might feel a slight delay while the computer boots up, this occurs as the real-time virus protection would be running at the background. Anyhow glad to know that you got it fixed

0 Kudos