Hello I am having a frustrating issue reinstalling mcafee.
the steps I have taken are below, any hint would be greatly appreciated.
1) Uninstalled mcafee using the windows uninstall program.
2) Reinstalled mcafee, stops in the installation step saying there is an error and can't install
3) Gives me the error message that previous mcafee files could be disrupting the installation. Why mcafee has an issue with itself is astounding to me and so dumb.
4) The page states to make sure there are no windows Updates. installed all windows 7 updates and attempted to reinstall mcafee.
5) Same error, Mcafee is having an issue installing.
6) I run your MCRP or whatever that is supposed to clean all old McFee files. This says after it has running that it has failed to clean all the files. How in the world is this possible!? It's what it is designed to do...find and delete the old Mcafee files!
I am so beyond frustrated with this product. Please help me find a solution before I go to Norton.
I suggest you contact Technical Support as they have tools to check your issue. It is at no cost to you. The link is at the bottom of the community page. Via Phone/Online Chat being by far the quickest.
Also kindly read this (FAQ) Installation Incomplete
Check for incompatible programs TS102253
Hi cat daddy, do you have their contact info?
As well there are no incompatible programs. This is a new hard drive, this is the only anti virus software that has been on it. And Peacekeeper, yes I restarted after the MCPR ran.