cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Patch/Update Tuesday going to continue ?

5 Replies

Re: Is Patch/Update Tuesday going to continue ?

With-in the same article it states that 'Consumers' basically will be the 'Guinea Pigs' for released updates in regards to problematic patches/updates. Long before the 'Buisness' patches/updates for vulnerabilities/bugs are released.

Personally I hope they do not follow the same 'Rapid Fire' patches/updates similar to Firefox/Chrome. Of course I am speaking from the 'Consumer Side' of the equation. We already can see the problems that in itself causes with 'Add-ons'/Extensions and so on.

Microsoft to business: Don't worry about Windows 10, consumers will test it | Computerworld

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 6

Well you may have noticed that there have been lots of so-called out-of-band updates lately, that's the foretaste of continuous updating rather than huge lumps once a month and this has new meaning when one reads this:

Microsoft Official Confirms “Windows 10 Is the Last Version of Windows” - Softpedia

Updates will be applied when needed and OS upgrades will also be offered, for a price I would assume, eventually.  That free upgrade offer to Windows 10 when it goes RTM for Win 7, 8, and 8.1 users only lasts a year.

As you know several updates for 7 thru' 8.1 lately have been in preparation for them offering that upgrade.  Some of the more suspicious amongst the public are spreading a false rumour that Windows 10 will be a forced upgrade, that is absolute nonsense.

It will be voluntary.

Ahhhhhh, I totally agree that Windows 10 will be Voluntary. The only reason I posted the article, was 'Rumors' of Update Tuesday possibly will cease to exist, over time of course.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 6

I would imagine it'll stay, haven't seen anything to counter that thought.

Now off back to bed, very tired.

I hope so...Likewise, back to bed myself.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer