cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hlw
Level 7

Internet Security does not save scan schedule

I have scheduled a full scan for every Mon. at 6:30 PM. Sometimes it works. Once it did not scan at all. Yesterday (Mon), it scanned at 9:55 AM and shows the next scheduled scan on Mon. at 5:30 PM. I changed the schedule to Mon. at 6:30 PM, clicked "apply" and it saved, but it still shows the next scheduled scan to be for Mon. at 5:30 PM. It seems to set its own random schedule. What can I do to fix this? I'm using Windows 7.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Aldrin
Level 12

Re: Internet Security does not save scan schedule

What is your default web browser, are you updated with all the latest windows updates?

0 Kudos
hlw
Level 7

Firefox v. 3.6.9. I am updated except for the Windows Live updates, but  I don't use W L.

0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

Make sure your computer's time/date settings are set correctly also try to make Internet Explorer as your default browser and check the status

0 Kudos
hlw
Level 7

Yes, the time and date are set correctly. I don't want to use Internet Explorer, but will change only to test the scan schedule, if that's what you mean.

0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

That's correct, make Internet Explorer as your default browser, scheduled a scan and update us on the status...

0 Kudos
hlw
Level 7

I made IE my default browser and changed the schedule settings and clicked apply. When I closed McAfee and opened it again, the schedule had returned back to my original settings (which it somehow overrides anyway) and the Scheduled Scans section above read next scan for Mon. 11/8/10 at 5:30 PM. I had entered 6:30 PM. Maybe that one is due to the time change coming up. At any rate, it still doesn't function properly.

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi hlw,

Could you please click on useful links at the top of this page and click on technical support so that our technicians can diagnose your issue and find out what is the real cause for the issue and get it resolved.

Regards,

Dinz

0 Kudos