Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sazzy
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Internet Security 2015 Issue

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm trying to install McAfee Internet Security on my laptop, but am having problems.

I purchased this from a shop and have filled in the product key code, all of which was fine, but when it came to downloading the software I got a message saying there was trouble installing it. I was then told to press ok while they fixed the issue, once fixed my download would automatically continue my installation from where it left off. This didn't happen though, I kept getting the same message.

I cancelled it in the end and now whenever I try to download the software, nothing happens? I don't even get the annoying message any more?

Can anyone help me please, my current protection runs out tomorrow!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sazzy
Level 8
Message 3 of 6

Re: Internet Security 2015 Issue

Jump to solution

Thank you so much. Have since found out it was a restart issue and it's installed successfully.

5 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Best to phone Customer Service to check the status of your account and they will guide you from there.  Their link is in my signature below.

It's also probably best (once the download is available) to uninstall your old software, run a cleanup and reboot before reinstalling the new one.

This is outlined here:  How To Uninstall/Reinstall McAfee Consumer Products EXCEPT Anti-Theft

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

sazzy
Level 8
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Thank you so much. Have since found out it was a restart issue and it's installed successfully.

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

sazzy wrote:

We cross-posted, glad you are OK now. ;-)

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

BTW I was assuming that you are an existing McAfee customer, if the existing software is another brand then remove it and use their removal tool, if any.

sazzy
Level 8
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Yeah I'm an existing McAfee user and my old software has been removed. Thank you again for the reply and the help

MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.