cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Security 2011 will not update - tried everything!!

I am running Windows xp - and have an active internet connection, but cannot get updates to install, actually not even sure they download.  Keep getting a message that the computer is 'at risk' then a few minutes later I look at the status and it says that it is secure but the icon in the systray says it is updating - then at risk comes back and says it will not update.  The automatic feature is turned on and I downloaded the Virtual thingie and it did nothing.  I would delete McAfee and install another license but I cannot figure out how to do that either.  If you will tell me how to uninstall - I will try that.  Thank you

4 Replies
k3tg
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Internet Security 2011 will not update - tried everything!!

Try to uninstall the software by going to Add/Remove programs and reboot the computer. Run the MCPR removal tool found a the top of this page under Useful Links to completely remove any remaining traces that might be left behind the normal uninstall failed to completely remove and reboot again. Then login to your online McAfee account and download and install the software.

Good Luck

k3tg
Level 14
Message 3 of 5

Re: Internet Security 2011 will not update - tried everything!!

Please let me know if your issue has been resolved

I am using my computer but am out of town so using a different wi-fi - and right now it works fine - has updated each day - when I get back home - where the problem originated - I will let you know - I tried to update my wifi to netgear but was unable to get it to connect - the linksys I was using at home worked ok except McAfee would not update - here with Netgear it updates fine - gofigure.........  If I have further problems I will try what you said about deleting and reinstalling -

thanks for the assistance

canI just leave this open for the time being?

Dinz
Level 16
Message 5 of 5

Sure , but please keep us posted on the progress so that we may help you get this resolved.

Regards,