cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Issues

Here is the issue I am having.  McAfee informs me that I have an update that needs a restart to complete the install.  Once this is done.  My internet, regardless of the browser (Explorer, Firefox, Chrome) is incredibly slow.  The only way to correct it is to do a system restore to an earlier time, which I have had to do 3 or 4 times now.  This has just happened again and I fear once I shut down I will have to do a restore again.

As I am typing I can't even access my McAfee interface.  It has the little "i" on it, but if i right click I cannot even open it.  I have tried opening from the start menu which also is not allowed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Internet Issues

Moved to General Discussion.

Try rebooting again, sometimes it takes another one to get things working.

If no success try downloading the Virtual Technician to see if it finds and fixes any issues.  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

Make sure your system is entirely up to date, including parts you may not use, such as Internet Explorer (McAfee uses that regardless of default browser).

Technical Support is always available for you free of charge by phone or online chat and linked below.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Internet Issues

Also please indicate if you have any other security software installed, had any signs of malware infections and what operating system this is.

Thanks.