cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing McAfee total protection

For a month or 6 weeks I have been trying to install McAfee Total Protection.  I had a problem and decided to reinstall the software. So far I have not been able to install McAfee Total Protection and neither have McAfee techs.  It is false advertising saying that McAfee will stick with you until the problem is solved.  The McAfee techs, established remote access and got the same results I had gotten.  They told me to go see Microsoft,because they have done all they were going to do. I reckon I will need to find some different software, because McAfee will not help me. Any help with this problem will be appreciated.

shakynot

14 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 15

Re: Installing McAfee total protection

Moved to Consumer > General as a better spot for more attention.

It's your right to phone them back and ask for escalation, or alternatively I can ask our local (resident) technicians to work with you.

First I need to know what operating system is it and if it is totally up to date, including any parts you may not use, Internet Explorer for instance, + the peripherals, Java, Flash etc.?

Were you installing from an online account?

Edit: Also post the session ID# of the last support session, thanks.

OS windows 7, up to date.  Each time I turn off my computer it checks for updates

shakynot

exbrit
Level 21
Message 4 of 15

So it's Win7 SP1 and you should have IE11 installed even if you never use it.

Do you have the session ID # from the last support session?   It will help the techs.

The next line is to draw attention of the resident techs:

can either of you assist here please....thanks ;-)

Message 5 of 15

Please post the service request number raised for this issue with Mcafee Technical Support.

Cheers

Sanjay

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

I don't have the service request number.

shakynot

Message 7 of 15

@shakynot

Please follow me so that I can message you.

Cheers

Sanjay

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
exbrit
Level 21
Message 8 of 15

I've linked you, so you should be able to message the OP now Sanjay ;-)

Message 9 of 15

@Ex_Brit

Thank you, Peter.

Cheers

Sanjay

Message 10 of 15

I have sent you a message; please respond to take it further.

Cheers

Sanjay