cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmckavanagh
Level 7

Installed total protection, and now can't connect to skype

I've just installed total protection, and can't access skype! tried to change settings on the mcafee control panel, but all options are disabled, and cannot get through to their technical help.  Ok when I was purchasing the product.  they were very quick in geting back to me!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
thecreator
Level 7

Re: Installed total protection, and now can't connect to skype

Hi cmckavanagh,

At the top of this page, Highlight McAfee Support and click on Home and Home Office Support and follow the prompts on the new Window.

Bookmark that page and have you tried rebooting the computer, before getting angry?

Reboot the computer, and contact Support right after rebooting the computer.

0 Kudos
cmckavanagh
Level 7

uninstalled mcafee, re-booted, and now still cannot connect to skype.  I could connect perfectly well before I installed total protection

0 Kudos
cmckavanagh
Level 7

When I try tech support i get "unable to reach mcafee server. Please check your internet connection"

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi spo neck,

I would suggest you to run McAfee removal tool from here: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

It removes the traces of McAfee programs from your PC.

Post which, restart the computer and try connecting to skype  , if you are still unable to connect, then it would be best to contact your Internet Service Provider

Regards,

0 Kudos