cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dong.
Level 7

Installation Total Protection 2013 not Possible

Hi there.

First of all sorry my Englisch is not so good, I`m a German User so please don`t want to offend.

I have a brand new Computer with Win 8, after downloading the Mc Affee Total Protection 2013 with the Link sent per E-Mail, I tried to Start Installation. Mc Affee opens a Window and starts a Scan of the Computer, after a little Wihle there is a Sign I try to translate now : " Problem since Cleaning from Treatment " after this there is a new Window with standing How I can fix those Problems and there is a Link to the Support Site.

What I can`t understand is the Computer is new and there can`t be any Problem with a Virus or Malware, also no other Virusprogramm is installed, only Win 8 Defender is activated and the Win 8 Firewall. I also tried to instal Virtual Technican but it also does not work, there opens a Window with standing Mc Affee Website is not available Check your Internet Connection. But the Internet Connection is ok.

Now it`s Weekend and I hope someone maybe can help or I have to wait till Tuesday and try to call the Support.

Greetings

Dong.

Nachricht geändert durch dong. on 31.03.13 06:16:14 CDT
0 Kudos
8 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Installation Total Protection 2013 not Possible

What version of Windows 8 is this?  Pro, RT, or...?  Also what email are you talking about?

McAfee uses Internet Explorer for many of its functions so open Internet Explorer 10 and go to Tools/Compatibility View settings and make sure it is set to always use Compatibility View.

Uninstall any already installed McAfee or other security products.  (Except Windows Defender - leave that alone, McAfee will automatically disable it).

Run the MCPR cleanup tool to remove traces of older software and reboot.

Go to your online account, log in and download the latest version from there.

0 Kudos
dong.
Level 7

The E-Mail I talked about was send to me after paying the Price for the Software,  I`ve already used the MCPR cleanup tool, I used Firefox to download the Software now I will try with Interne Explorer 10 with the Settings you told. When I type winver it shows Windows 8 Version 6.2 (Build 9200) I hope I can fix it with Explorer 10.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Is the email from McAfee or another supplier?

0 Kudos
dong.
Level 7

The E-Mail was sent from Mc Affee, but with the Settings you told me, the Installation was succesfull. The Computer now is protected.

Thank you for the quick and helpfull Answers. I wish you a nice Weekend

best regards

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

OK that is very good.  Glad you are OK now.  McAfee uses IE, so often that little trick solves problems.   If you wish to use another browser as your default that is OK now.

0 Kudos
dong.
Level 7

Sorry it`s me again.... now the Total Protection is not able to activate Firewall and Real Time Scan.... I tried to activate it at the Start Window and just for a few Seconds Firewall is active, when i want to activate Real Time Scan it is not possible... I also tried to activate both in Windows System Center there is a Button showing Sleepy Modus but when I push it then opens a Window " Yes I trust this " but nothing happens after saying Yes I trust McAffee

Maybe you can help another Time with a little Trick...

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Have you been running registry cleaners?  If so see if there's a restore button.

If not then try running Virtual Technician http://mvt.mcafee.com/ to see if it will repair the installation.

Also check your system is totally up to date and that your system clock is accurate.

Another thing to try is simply right-click the desktop taskbar icon and select Check for Updates - that sometimes fixes things.

The final solution would be to uninstall everything via Control Panel/Programs, then run the MCPR cleanup tool, reboot and reinstall everything from the online account.  Use the custom option to only install what you want.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 31/03/13 9:28:03 EDT AM
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Also a simple reboot is all that's needed sometimes.

0 Kudos