cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike741
Level 7

Install Antivirus Plus from McAfee account without installing all features

How do I install Antivirus Plus from my McAfee account without installing all features?  It did not give me a choice when it installed.  I do not want Personal firewall, quickclean and so on.  Anyone know how I can do it?  Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Install Antivirus Plus from McAfee account without installing all features

Moved from  Support Forums to General Discussion > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
Level 20

​,

Did you purchase your Software directly from McAfee ? Or was it provided from your ISP/Manufacturer/Other Party?  You should be capable of going to your account, after properly removing your existing software, and do a (Custom Install)  When you elect to do this it only installs the features you choose.

However they still would be (Available) to install should you decide to in the future.

If I may ask, why would you not want your Personal Firewall installed? It is far better than the traditional Windows firewall alone, and much safer with it,s rules/permissions.

Hope this helped...

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
mike741
Level 7

Thanks for the quick reply.  It is a standalone personal account and I purchased it directly from McAfee .  I have always liked McAfee since the mid 90's when I got my first version of Viruscan.  I still have it on a 1.44 floppy.  I just like simple verse complex control.  Complex means that at some time or another, it will go buggy and have a conflict.  There is no uninstall for a feature so you are forced to uninstall everything which never goes as planned by leaving traces behind that bugger a reinstall and possibly the firewall.  This statement is based on 20 years of experience.  If I noticed it before putting back too many programs, I would have done a complete reinstall of Win 7.  I know the procedure for Enterprise install as I do it at work but home use is too hold hand. Thanks

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

You are quite welcome

After following the procedure of removing from your Control Panel/Programs and Features/Restart. Did you use the MCPR Tool to remove any remnants?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos