cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nosedive
Level 7

Im unnistalling it

Already have been 1 month since I started to send my files to webimmune in order to stop the annoyings system menssages about being infected by a virus. The result? Nothing. So I have to disable the security software I paid for in order to run simple software that I KNOW for a fact is fine and has been on my computer without incident for years. Please let me know when the trusted program list is available because then I may renew my subscription.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Im unnistalling it

Did you get a response from them?  Usually they respond immediately and often clear the detection within hours assuming that it isn't an obvious risk.

What method were you using to report the incorrect findings?

There wont be any major announcement regarding such a feature change but it most likely will be mentioned somewhere in these forums.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 02/06/10 2:44:39 EDT PM
0 Kudos
Nosedive
Level 7

I used webimmune, emailing system and 'send to mcafee'. Yes I got a response and it said they couldnt conclude anything.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You should have replied to that email disputing the finding.

0 Kudos
Nosedive
Level 7

Did that and didnt got an answer

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Send a new email in that case with the header "False" minus the "" followed by their reference number.

0 Kudos
Nosedive
Level 7

Nah thank you, already did that and aint going to that all over again, I bought this program to have fewer concerns, but so far it just gave me work. Im just going to wait for the trusted list realease, hope it wont take long.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

We Moderators having been begging them to reintroduce it for at least 7 years now.   They may be listening at last as I heard some favourable rumours regarding next year's version, although I can't promise it of course.

It should be in beta in a couple of month's time hopefully.

0 Kudos