I'd just like to share a problem/solution I had with a AntiVirus Plus setting just in case other people are facing the same issue.
My PC was waking up soon after (less than a minute) after going to sleep.
I tried many things to discover what was causing that:
- Run the command "powercfg -lastwake" that didn't return any wake cause
- Disabled Windows automatic maintenance
- Disabled wake timers
- Disallowed every device that could be waking up the PC in Device Manager
- Checked if any task in Task Scheduler was the cause
None of these solved the problem and Event Viewer was showing the following log:
The system has returned from a low power state.
Sleep Time: 2016-06-19T02:39:06.063958600Z
Wake Time: 2016-06-19T02:40:07.256904800Z
Wake Source: Unknown
As Event Viewer was also logging some entries from McAfee Service Controller, I started checking if any McAfee AntiVirus Plus setting was the root cause. And it was.
1) Right-click McAfee icon and select Change settings > View all settings
2) Then expand General Settings and uncheck the following checkbox
By doing that, the PC stopped waking up.
I just don't know if the problem has to do with Windows 10 or it happens to any other version of Windows.
Interesting, thanks for posting it.
Another thing you can do to help fix some problems as Windows 10 never really shuts down, is to turn off Fast Startup aka Hybrid Boot, it hardly makes a difference anyway but does help with software and Windows Updates that tell you they need to restart the system.
Tutorial here: Windows 10 Forums