cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
victorchua
Level 7

IE or Firefox are not able to connect after installed McAfee total protection 2011

Hi,

I read a couple of fidcussion thread about browser not able to connect after McAfee installation. However, none of them is able to resolve my problem. I have installed McAfee total protection 2011 in both laptop (window 7 ultimate) and immediately both laptop are not able to surf net neither Forefox nor IE. Strangely, McAfee also can't access to the net for activation.

Once of laptop has Opera and Netscape and both browser are not affected like FF or IE.

Right now, my problems are McAfee isn't able to activate online and IE/FF are not able to connect. Appreciate your advice and enlightenment to resolve.

Many thanks.

VC

0 Kudos
6 Replies
toma
Level 7

IE or Firefox are not able to connect after installed McAfee total protection 2011

I am having the same problem after installing McAfee Security Suite I cannot access the internet.

I have a Dell PC running windows 7 home premium with a 64 bit OS.

After removing McAfee I was able to reconnect to the internet.

Thanks

Toma

victorchua
Level 7

Many thks toma. Both IE and FF is back to normal now after uninstall McAfee Total Protection 2011. But any solution to resolve this issue or does this means McAfee is not compatible to Window 7? Fyi, I was using McAfee Security for 3 years in both laptop without problem till I installing McAfee Total Protection 2011 due to renewal.

Any advice?

Thanks in adv.

VC

0 Kudos
victorchua
Level 7

After uninstall McAfee, I reinstall it again and now FF and IE are able to surf except that McAfee doesn't able to activate it online. When I click the "Activate", it connect to McAfee.com....but it disappear the connection box and back to McAfee.

Anyone knows how to resolve it?

Thanks in adv.

VC

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click Reset > Apply > OK

Close and reopen IE and go to Tools/Manage Add-Ons and re-enable any add-ons you need.

See if that restores the Internet Connection.    If not....

Try contacting Technical Support Online Chat via Useful Links at the top of this page or HERE.

(Alter your Country if necessary on that page at the top right).

0 Kudos
victorchua
Level 7

I have done above steps and still no avail to activate McAfee totao Protection 2011 online. Ijust sent my query to McAfee technical Support and waiting for their call for advice.

VC

0 Kudos
jaymfe
Level 12

Could you please let me know your operating system on your computer?

0 Kudos