cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have just renewed my package but I thought it updated automatically without downloading again

Jump to solution

I have just renewed my AntiVirus software for anther year but it doesn't appear to have updated the Dashboard that you load when you need to run a scan etc

The subscription section still states 11 days left to renew but when I go to my account it says 2017 it will expire

Do I still need to click on the Download button within my account or will my software renewal date update automatically

Any help and advise would be much appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I have just renewed my package but I thought it updated automatically without downloading again

Jump to solution

Just found out it does update without a reinstall

In the toolbar you need to right click the McAfee icon and select Verify Subscription and this will update the subscription to show 1 year plus any remaining days from the previous subscription

Hope this helps

4 Replies

Re: I have just renewed my package but I thought it updated automatically without downloading again

Jump to solution

Just found out it does update without a reinstall

In the toolbar you need to right click the McAfee icon and select Verify Subscription and this will update the subscription to show 1 year plus any remaining days from the previous subscription

Hope this helps

Jump to solution

I apologize for not seeing your response. Glad that all is okay

If it is all the same with you, I will mark your reply as 'Correct Answer'

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

If you renewed your subscription, it should automatically pick up when your expiry date expires. If this is not the case I would contact 'Customer Service'. You should also receive a notification from McAfee. Once your renewal takes effect.

All the Best ,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

Moved to Consumer > General Discussion > Discussions

I might add also,it would have 'Automatically Renewed" if you had Automatic Renewal Settings on. Generally 30 days before your expiry date. If I may ask, did you renew (Directly) from McAfee? Or are you subscribed through your ISP/Manufacturer/or 3rd Party?

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer