cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richr
Level 7

I had some issues reinstalling Total Protection 2013. Tech support connected and resolved now I see my other computer as untrusted but when I try to trust it and put in password it never shows up on the pc I want to trust

I  show my other computer as untrusted. But when I try to trust it and put in the password I do not see the trust request on the other computer. I had to reinstall Total Protection and tech support had to remote in and correct the issue. Now I am unable to trust the other computer in my network.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: I had some issues reinstalling Total Protection 2013. Tech support connected and resolved now I see my other computer as untrusted but when I try to trust it and put in password it never shows up on the pc I want to trust

Not sure what to suggest except go back to Tech Support and have them correct it.

Unless entering the IP of the other machine under SecurityCenter > Web and Email Protection > Firewall > My Network Connections perhaps?

0 Kudos
big_brother
Level 7

Re: I had some issues reinstalling Total Protection 2013. Tech support connected and resolved now I see my other computer as untrusted but when I try to trust it and put in password it never shows up on the pc I want to trust

To trust a computer the version of mcafee installed on  both computers must be sameeg: WSS12.8 and the network type should be same on both computers eg : home, work or public.  Adding the IP address to SecurityCenter > Web and Email Protection > Firewall > My Network Connections should make sure the computer shows up in home networks in McAfee.

If you are unsure of the IP address of the computer, just type <ipconfig /all> in cmd and look for ipv4

0 Kudos