cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bratface
Level 7

I can not open links attached to e-mails from Outlook.

whenever I click on a link attached to an e-mail or any website, I get the error message "The operations has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer please see the adminstrator". HELP!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Dinz
Level 16

Re: I can not open links attached to e-mails from Outlook.

Hello,

This is most probably caused by a corrupted registry key . To fix it, try resetting Web settings in Internet Explorer . Open Internet explorer
Click tools – click internet options
click Advanced tab and then click Reset
Close and then re-open Internet explorer and then try to click links.

Regards,
Dinesh K

0 Kudos
bratface
Level 7

Thanks Danish. I tried your instructions still does not work. Please note that this happens when i open my mail in Outlook. e.g.: I could not open the links attached to your e-mail

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi,

Please try to make IE the default browser and the check the status
Open Internet explorer
Click tools – click internet options
Click Programs tab and select Make as default

Also May I Know what is the email client you use and its version ? (Outlook / Eudora)
Also let me know whether there was any recent change made to the computer (Any software installation)

Regards,
Dinesh K

0 Kudos
bratface
Level 7

Thanks again Dinesh (sorry i spelled your name wrong last time!),

i tried your suggestion. No luck! I am using Outlook 2003 for my e-mail and i suspect this problem has something to do with my security settings. The only thing i have recently downloaded is McAfee secutirity suite which comes with my Cox HS internet. the same set-up works ok on my laptop in Windows XP. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

That's ok ,

If the same setup is working in a different computer , it should be a problem with a defective registry key . Could you please tell me what is the version of your internet explorer ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

0 Kudos
bratface
Level 7

I am running internet IE version 8.

0 Kudos