Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob_62
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

How to stop all notices

Hi - 

I recently bought a Dell G5 with Windows 10, home edition and it came with McAfee installed. 

I do not want anything on my computer automatically connecting to the internet. 

I do not ever want to be notified if I'm "not protected" or if the software isn't updated or if I "need" to run a scan. 

I want all McAfee notices disabled. All of them. 

I'm willing to try their product, so I don't want to uninstall it, but if it doesn't stop pestering me, I'm just going to remove it.

I have now searched the web and tried everything including removing all Task Scheduler items by McAfee, all Windows notice controls, etc. I have also disabled everything in McAfee itself just to see if that stops the annoying notices without luck. 

I don't know what marketing "genius" thought that annoying notices were good for brand awareness, but if I can't shut this program up, it will be the end of my use of any McAfee product in the future and I will make it a point to tell everyone to avoid it. 

Ok, tell me how to force all the McAfee products to quit posting popups, notices, etc. All of them. 

Go!

7 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor bodysoda
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: How to stop all notices

You can uninstall any product you wish via control panel/ add-remove programs. 

You could also check out https://www.pcdecrapifier.com 

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Bob_62
Level 7
Message 3 of 8

Hi, thanks for your response.

I would like to use the product without being annoyed by messages telling me anything that isn't an actual intrusion or virus warning. Specifically, I do not want messages telling me to update anything, or that I turned off anything, or that I should run anything like a scan, or any other messages which are not the specific function of a virus/intrusion/security product. I want no scheduled anything. 

Bob_62
Level 7
Message 4 of 8

For example -

I was just notified that I hadn't updated my protection in two days. It only gave me the option to update. There was no windows notice. When I clicked on it, it disappeared. I want this pop up stopped. I don't want to be bothered with constant notices about things I explicitly told it not to do. 

Bob

Bob_62
Level 7
Message 5 of 8

Here's another one. Says "Strengthen your protection. You're not fully protected. Check your security status to.lewrn how to improve it". 

I want this turned off.

Bob_62
Level 7
Message 6 of 8

Hi -   

After many days of useless, pestering, bothersome popup notices that are apparently impossible to disable and having requested help both on the Dell and the McAfee community forums with no joy; having investigated Windows defender and found that it does nearly as good a job as the McAfee product, I finally simply removed McAfee from my system. 

The internet is full of similar complaints as mine going back for years. McAfee is surely aware of these complaints and refuses to respond. I will never use one of their products again.

Bob

@Bob_62

Follow the below steps and disable the alerts

1. Open McAfee
  2. Click the Gear icon on the top right corner
  3. Click General Settings and alerts 
  4. Click Informational Alerts
  5. Disable(Uncheck) the alerts which are not required
  6. Click Apply

Regards
Siva

Bob_62
Level 7
Message 8 of 8

This product kept notifying me that it was disabled. I have deleted it from my system.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community