cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 17

Re: How to fix display problem with McAfee on line help?

Jump to solution

Did you try 100% dispay setting? I have got our techs to bug report it. 100% works fine.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Tony

Thanks for the response, but it's incomplete. Are you referring to the display size setting? If so, the McAfee online tech tried that and all she got was the same result at which point she gave up. I'll just continue using the link I copied from the XP machine in IE8 until McAfee fixes this bug.

Reliable Contributor
Message 13 of 17

Jump to solution

Well I was on win7 32 bit when I checked and it did fix it. However, the bug has been fixed so i have been told but will not be released tll teh 2012 version is released in a coup;e of months.

the setting was this 1

display setting.jpg

Jump to solution

Tony

Thanks, knew about the magnifier but it is limited and still doesn't address the issue of McAfee locking the IE8 window size and toolbars - why do that? I'll just keep using the link copied from XP (stuck it in my IE8 Favorites) to get a decent size without messing up other items like shortcuts on my screen. Will check out the fix whenever McA gets around to releasing it.

In case anyone else would like it, the link I'm currently using is:

http://download.mcafee.com/products/webhelp/5/1033/?appid=MSC&applist=MSC,VSO,mpf,MSAD,msk,MPS,mnm,M...

Just copy it into the address line and click go. You'll get a full sized and configurable view in IE8; haven't had time or inclination to try IE9 yet.

Reliable Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Jump to solution

Yes when I bug reported I mentioned why not have maximize options available. Seems silly not to

Jump to solution

I would like to know when will the 2012 version be released? By the way, I'm testing IE9 and I just hope it will work there.

Reliable Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Jump to solution

IE9 and 2012 will not show help any better the cause is the display setting. It has been reported . 2012 out in a month or two (my feel not gospel)

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community