cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkdr
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

How to completely remove your malware products?

My Asus laptop came preinstalled with McAfee AntiVirus 30days. Of course first thing I did was uninstalling it via Windows 8 unistall tool. Problem is, there are still everywhere flips of your malware product laying around on my hdd and in the System. How do I safely remove all of them? I tried using your removal tool but it didnt do anything at all.

For example there are these folders still on my hdd, full of stuff:

C:\Program Files\McAfeeEx

C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\mcafee

C:\ProgramData\McAfee

Also under Task Manager autostart, theres still an entry for "McUICnt.exe" under C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\Platform. And even worse, there are STILL 3 services running. Without there isnt any McAfee product anymore listed under installed software:

1.) McAfee Platform Services

2.) McAfee PC Task Scheduler Service

3.) McAfee OOBE Service2

How is this even possible when I deinstalled it? This is a really bad example of how a software shouldnt work. So how do I really get rid of your product?

Message was edited by: mkdr on 11/26/13 10:40:33 PM CST
1 Reply
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: How to completely remove your malware products?

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

run the mcpr tool sometimes twice works better though 1 time usually enough. If you need to protect a licence you need to unininstall as you did first via window otherwise the licence will not be released but you have done that.

All AVs have their own removal tool that is needed to fully clean up bits

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community