cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop my McAfee software from blocking my browsers?

Hi,

I've been having trouble with both of my internet browsers lately (Internet Explorer and Chrome).  New browser windows I try to open fail to function, pop-up windows that I need to upload photos fail to open or function, etc.  This has only happened recently, within the last month (I've had this computer and these browsers for 4 years).  I suspect that recent updates to my McAfee software are to blame.  I looked at my security history, and it shows that hundreds of "suspicious" transmissions were blocked every few hours, all right at the times I tried to do things in my browsers that failed to work. 

How do I stop my McAfee software from messing up my browsers and blocking all the things I try to do in them?

Thanks

1 Reply
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: How do I stop my McAfee software from blocking my browsers?

At default settings the software would automatically allow all browser windows and maybe throw up a warning if a risky website was encountered.

Have you had or still have any other security software installed and active?   If you had another brand of A/V installed previously did you remove it completely and run their removal tool as well?

What operating system and service pack (if applicable) is this and what version of Internet Explorer is installed, even if you don't use it?

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.