cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How do I squelch McAfee pop-ups?

The situation:

The computer hosts a variety of accessibility related software. It is constantly listening for alternative user input from someone who cannot use the keyboard and relies only on voice. Sometimes, even visual feedback is not available.

Unfortunately, McAfee keeps popping up messages on how useful it is, talking about which devices ought to be protected that are not yet, or how many connections were blocked, etc.

The solution I want:

Unless there is an immediate dire situation, don't pop up. Ever. Sit quietly in the taskbar and do the best that you can do. Do not disturb the user who already has to jump through extra hoops to use the computer.

Anybody know how to do that?

8 Replies

Re: How do I squelch McAfee pop-ups?

Discussion successfully moved from Service and Support to General Discussion

Note: Moved out of Moderation Queue.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

I concur that the Version/Build 16.3/16.4 is interactive. Could you kindly specify which feature the popup refers to?

Thank you

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

There is more than one, but most recently it was an advisory message on "unprotected devices" in the network, and that there are still some licenses that could be used.

There was another one involving a quick clean, which appears to be something about cookies.

You can open your McAfee UI and select "Do not schedule" to prevent this from occurring.

As for the "Unprotected Devices" That could be in regards to your Truekey not being installed.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Truekey looks like a password storage application. Does that need to be installed?

Ok not that as it has to be installed. The popup re spare unprotected devices is that when the interface is open or does it popup in the bottom right corner of the screen.

A pic would help. As CD said quick clean can be either scheduled to happen when you want it or disabled by selecting do not schedule.

All right, so another pop-up happened yesterday. I took a screenshot.

I think this is a product issue. Are there any products folks on the forum?

McAfeepopup.png

As I thought it is Truekey, however I do not have it installed either. Yet I am not presented with popups?

I will ask a expert in regards to True Key to add to this discussion.

​  Could you chime in please?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer