cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottse11
Level 7

How do I restore an IP address I've deleted from my Firewall/Netguard history?

Hello

I allowed an IP address which had been blocked, but somehow deleted it . I went to Firewall history and I can see which IP address it is (I've tried to connect to the site many times but it won't allow me), but as I restored default settings thinking it would help, it's made it impossible to go back and allow/restore.

Is there any way I can input an IP address to allow McAfee to allow access to my laptop?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: How do I restore an IP address I've deleted from my Firewall/Netguard history?

The only place I can think of that this may be do-able is in Netguard.  Open SecurityCenter then click Web and Email Protection, then Firewall.  Scroll down to Netguard.

It should be in there that you can edit, remove it etc.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/04/13 10:05:08 EDT AM
0 Kudos
scottse11
Level 7

Re: How do I restore an IP address I've deleted from my Firewall/Netguard history?

Thanks but I've tried that. In security events I can see the IP address, but it's no longer showing withn Netguard. Security events won't allow highlighting of the IP to reinstate :-(

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I'm at a bit of a loss then.  Here's a General Help file for the home product and if you search for "IP Address" (minus the "" of course) it gives quite a lot of choices, you might give those a try.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Another thought or two.   Check Firewall > Internet Connections for Programs to see if your browsers have full permission.

Hint:  Click the word "Program" at the top of that list to re-arrange them alphabetically.

Also have you rebooted to re-establish any lost network connections?

0 Kudos