cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mr_teem
Level 7

How do I copy my version number information?

Jump to solution

So, it took a while but I figured out where you hide the version number information in the McAfee Internet Security screen. Eventually, I got the "About McAfee Internet Security" dialog box.

However, the information about the several version numbers given cannot be selected and copied. All of the information is not in a single screen, either, so a screen-shot can be captured. I am told by other McAfee reporting services that you need all of this information. How do I do this or is there another screen or dialog box that from which I can easily copy this information.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: How do I copy my version number information?

Jump to solution

Easy answer no easy way only Cut and paste into a jpg and then only 2 products at a time. We mods asked the developers to fix this but still no fix even the beta 2011 1 has same problem.

It would be nice to at least expand vertically so the cut and paste gets all the details.

I have feature requested this again sorry.

Actually might be a way the logs of MVT the testing program(technical support link in useful links tab above) probably shows the versions but not a standard way to show in a post. Actually the diagnostic log from MVT can be saved and this does show the versions. Really a long way to do something that should be cut and pasted into text.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 23/01/11 12:52:17 PM
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Rajesh.k1
Level 7

Jump to solution

In the "About McAfee Internet Security" dialog box , You can See the Virus Scan Details Heading and under that you can see the version and the last update date so those are the details which are to be given in case anyone asks you

0 Kudos
mr_teem
Level 7

Jump to solution

With respect, I said that I know that that is the information. My question is how do I copy it from the dialog box to, say, this web form I am typing in right now? The text cannot be selected or copied anywhere.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Easy answer no easy way only Cut and paste into a jpg and then only 2 products at a time. We mods asked the developers to fix this but still no fix even the beta 2011 1 has same problem.

It would be nice to at least expand vertically so the cut and paste gets all the details.

I have feature requested this again sorry.

Actually might be a way the logs of MVT the testing program(technical support link in useful links tab above) probably shows the versions but not a standard way to show in a post. Actually the diagnostic log from MVT can be saved and this does show the versions. Really a long way to do something that should be cut and pasted into text.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 23/01/11 12:52:17 PM
0 Kudos
mr_teem
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tony,

Thank you for confirming what I suspected was the answer: there's no way to do what should be trivial to accomplish.

Maybe they'll fix it. (Back when they paid me the big bucks, I know I would have fixed it.)

0 Kudos
Rajesh.k1
Level 7

Jump to solution

POST ERASED DUE TO SECURITY REASONS.....

Message was edited by: Aldrin on 25/1/11 2:46:04 AM IST
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]

DAT Version:

DAT creation date:

47:    AVDatDate    REG_SZ    2011/01/21

Engine Version: 

Ok remember this is VS only (and mine the beta version)

Does not show the build version or the other product versions which I feel the OP wanted.

MVT log works but too long winded to run every time it is needed what is needed is text cut and paste option which is not available in  TP4.5 or TP 5.0 soon.

0 Kudos