Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reiring
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

How do I Install Total Protection 2015 to replace Internet Security 2014

I have been using Internet Security 2014 and have now purchased Total Security 2015.  Do I have to uninstall the IS2014 before installing the TP2015 or will installing the new product just replace the old one?

4 Replies
catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: How do I Install Total Protection 2015 to replace Internet Security 2014

Has your Internet Security 2014 Version expired? If it has not, it should automatically upgrade. To answer your question,if you wish to install the 2015 Version. Yes you would have to uninstall Version 2014, and then download and install the 2015 version.

You can follow these Guidelines/Instructions to do so:How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MC...

Or if you prefer can contact McAfee Technical Support 24/7 and it is Free. Via Phone/Chat being much quicker.  Services and Support for Home and Office

All the very best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
reiring
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Internet Security has NOT expired -  still 1 month to go.  Have installed new versions of this for several years with no problems but, since I am switching to Total Protection for 2015, I was just curious if things would be a little more complicated this year,

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I apologize for not noticing that you were switching to McAfee Total Protection, been a long day. To answer your question, yes you will have to uninstall your McAfee Internet Security Suite, before you install MTP.

Simply follow the procedures listed in my prior post, and you should have no difficulties.

As a matter of fact, I run McAfee Total Protection myself.

All the very best,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Moved appropriately to General Discussion > Discussions  By Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community